Joseph E. Mark, MD
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
With the experience of having performed thousands of procedures, Dr. Mark has the skill and expertise needed to provide you with beautiful lasting results.
Dr. Mark’s Biography
Joseph Mark, M.D., F.A.C.S., is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with over 30 years of practice in the art of plastic surgery and is dedicated to providing the finest quality of medical care in cosmetic surgery. He is also a member of numerous societies and is on staff at local area hospitals.
Born in New York City, Dr. Mark attended Cornell University and went on to complete a Master’s degree at Queens College in Flushing, NY. He then completed his medical degree at State University of New York In Brooklyn. This was followed by an Internship in Baltimore, MD. After general surgery residencies in Brooklyn and at Sinai Hospital of Detroit, Dr. Mark completed his Plastic Surgery residency at Providence Hospital in Southfield, MI. He is currently affiliated with DMC-Huron Valley and with Crittenton Hospital in Rochester, MI, where he has served as Vice Chief of Surgery and Chairman of the Surgical Suite Committee.
In his military service, Dr. Mark was the Assistant Division Surgeon for the 82nd Airborne at Ft. Bragg, NC. He also served as President of the Michigan Academy of Plastic Surgeons. He is an active member of several medical societies including the elite American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Dr. Mark’s Credentials
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, B.A.
- Queens College, Flushing, NY, M.A.
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center Brooklyn, NY, M.D.
- Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, MD, internship
- Kings County Hospital, Brooklyn, NY, general surgical residency
- Sinai Hospital of Detroit, Detroit, MI, general surgical residency
- Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI, plastic surgery residency
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- Michigan State Medical Society
- Michigan Academy of Plastic Surgeons, former Secretary/Treasurer, President
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Oakland County Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- Society of Cosmetic Chemists
- Major, U.S. Army, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, NC, Assistant Division Surgeon
- Crittenton Hospital, Rochester, MI, Former Vice Chief of Surgery
- DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital